Practical. Interactive. Expert. Engaging. Fun.
With travel budgets tighter than ever conference organizers and event planners are being asked to deliver more value to their audiences than ever before. As you know, big ideas from big name speakers are nice, but they don’t necessarily attract a bigger audience or provide what your conference attendees want.
If you want an engaging and highly interactive speaker who is truly able to connect with your participants, I’m a good choice. If you also want your delegates to walk out with practical ideas and actionable recommendations and have fun in the process, hire me.
Because of my pre-program audience analysis process, I am incredibly good at understanding the client needs and culture. Delegates will often say, “She really understands what we do. Does she have a background in X?”
The bottom line: I provide very practical, evidence-based techniques delivered in a fun, engaging way that resonates with the audience and ensures that delegates get results!
My Smart Talk programs:
We’re taught reading and writing in school, but somehow we don’t get taught communication skills. Smart Talk is not just saying things right…Smart Talk is saying just the right things!
Get What You Want: The Necessary Art of Persuasion (most requested keynote)
In today’s organizations, persuasion trumps formal power. To get things done, you need to be able to sway the undecided and convert opponents. In this program delegates learn:
- How to develop personal influence to get people to see their point of view
- Why people are persuaded
- 6 tools of influence: Reciprocity, Commitment, Social Proof, Authority, Liking
- A 5-step process of influence: Audience analysis, managing perceptions, anticipating obstacles, and articulating benefits
- The power of story for influence and inspiration
The “F” Word: Improving Performance Through Effective Feedback
(most requested seminar/workshop)
Although feedback is the best way to improve productivity, managers are often reluctant to deliver it. In this program delegates learn:
- The difference between criticism and feedback
- A 9-step proven process for delivering feedback
- How to diffuse and accept criticism
- A 7-step process for handling criticism
Smart Talk: Build Stronger Relationships and Avoid Communication Breakdowns
Strong professional relationships create more sales, increase engagement and improve morale. In this program delegates learn:
- How to speak with tact and grace
- How to build trust and productivity through restorative feedback
- How to develop personal influence
These are currently my three most popular programs. Here is a full listing of all of the programs I have delivered and can be requested. I offer academic, non-profit, and corporate pricing levels. I travel from Philadelphia (PHL).
Additional Negotiated Benefits of Hiring Lisa B. Marshall
To help you reach your goal of “butts in seats” I’m happy to provide some or all of these additional benefits.
- Personally inscribed copies of Smart Talk along
- Unlimited downloads of the official discussion guide, Sharpen your Smart Talk (ebook)
- Helpful “handout” materials for attendees in addition to PDF of slides
- Topic related 500-800 word article for your newsletter
- Promotion to Lisa B. Marshall newsletter
- Promotional Lisa B. Marshall social network
- Promotional audio or video
- Exposure on The Public Speaker podcast (exposure to >150,000 subscribers)
- Promotion to my Smart Talk professional development briefing
- Pre-event “meet-up” or webinar
- Additional breakout session workshop
- Fill an emergency opening in your schedule
- I am flexible and fun to work with!
Since the only thing I have to sell is my reputation, I will only deliver programs that I’m confident will be successful. In fact, I guarantee it. Really, I have a money-back guarantee, but nobody’s ever asked for a refund–that’s a testament to the quality of my work.