I invite you to show your support for Lisa and this free podcast by visiting the sponsor links and checking out the products and services.
In my Smart Talk Episode 094 conversation with Susan Fowler you’ll hear about:
- A before and after example –showing why motivating others doesn’t work and what does work.
- The three primary psychological needs that are essential to all of us to not only thrive but to flourish.
- An example of how we can apply the science of meeting our psychological needs in the workplace.
- Popular motivational methods of motivation and how they are really totally ineffective.
- How we confuse personalized feedback with expressions of gratitude and why this matters.
- The difference between personalized feedback with expressions of gratitude.
- The power of pure informational feedback and the science behind it.
- How to align your feedback with meaningful and agreed-upon goals both at home and at work.
- How to shift the quality of our own motivational experience so that you can help others make the shift.
- How our very commonly held beliefs and values undermine our leadership.
Why Motivating People Doesn’t Work
Susan Fowler educates leaders on motivation best practices based on solid science communicated through compelling storytelling, case studies, and real-life examples. Through her writing, speaking, consulting, training, and coaching, Susan is dedicated to providing leaders around the globe with a cutting-edge framework, dynamic model, and pragmatic course of action. She helps leaders to shape workplaces where people flourish while at the same time producing sustainable results.
Susan Fowler. Susan has 35 years of experience as a researcher, consultant, and coach in over 30 countries around the globe in the field of self leadership. She is Senior Consulting Partner at The Ken Blanchard Companies, and a professor in the Master of Science in Executive Leadership program at the University of San Diego.
If you want a practical yet honorable way to achieve and sustain results that also brings out the best in people, then I recommend her book,
Why Motivating People Doesn’t Work . . . and What Does: The New Science of Leading, Energizing, and EngagingWe’d love to hear from you! What questions or tips do you have? Let us know in the comments.
Get your personalized copy of Lisa’s latest book!
Do you struggle with difficult conversations? Do you procrastinate when it comes to delivering feedback? Do you know how to effectively persuade and influence others? Learn this and more in Smart Talk. Get your personally signed copy today!