What Happened When I Meditated Every Morning for 2 Years

It’s almost impossible to read a recently published self-help book and not come across the author explaining the benefits of meditation. It was back in college that I learned about meditation. It seemed almost impossible back then to imagine myself sitting still.

I was either chasing my next goal or feeling like I didn’t have enough time in my day. Why would I sit silently for 10-20 minutes with minimal movement? This was impossible for me as a highly accomplished individual who is always on the next goal.

It wasn’t until I started hearing the scientific benefits and the testimonials of others who’ve integrated a meditation practice that I said to myself, maybe I should give this thing a try.

Meditation benefits

Meditation has many benefits, including reducing negative emotions and creativity, increasing life expectancy, better focus, peace of mind, enhanced concentration, calmness in facing adversity, as well as increased productivity.

So I downloaded apps like Headspace and Calm and tried to give them a try.It wasn’t enough for me though. I couldn’t keep my eyes open. This was something that I wanted to avoid. Most likely because I didn’t see or feel the immediate benefits that everyone was raving about.

It wasn’t until I felt stagnant in my personal growth and hit rock bottom in my career and businesses that I realized I needed something to ground me. As a result, my productivity dropped and I felt less fulfilled. It was like I was constantly in survival mode. Actually, science proves I was. 

If the body is under continuous stress, this can lead to headaches, heart attacks, diabetes and lack of sleep. I knew that my path was not the best for me.

So, since the apps didn’t work for me – I signed up for lessons at a local meditation studio. Every day after work, I was taught the basic principles of following my breath, and when my mind began to wander – I would gently return my attention back to my breath.

Within a week, I had become hooked. I finally saw the results everyone had been raving about. It was like my zest for life returned. My productivity, focus and overall satisfaction started to increase.

I decided to leave the meditation studio, and I began to think about how I might incorporate meditation into my morning routine so I would be able enjoy the benefits all day.

“Meditation is not about stopping thoughts, but recognizing that we are more than our thoughts and our feelings.” — Arianna Huffington

How meditation saved me and my entire life

It wasn’t easy, but I’ve been meditating for 20 minutes just about every day at 6 am for the past two years. And to be honest, even to this day, sitting 20 min a day to be silent still doesn’t excite me, but the ROI you receive from consistent meditation compounds quickly.

It was easier to complete my tasks quickly and efficiently. Additionally, it helped me to manage stress better and more effectively. It gave me inner peace to face challenges and solved them faster than it would normally take.

Even more synchronicities and coincidences began to appear in my daily life. My career was booming and I could feel that I was connecting with the right people. My intuition was strengthening and I could become more aware of the external world around me. 

Emily Fletcher is the author of Stress Less, Accomplish More says, as you commit to daily meditation sessions, “your increased ability to hold multiple things in one awareness will allow you to pick up on subtle, almost imperceptible clues, which, in turn, will allow you to read situations faster and with more accuracy.”

Consistent meditation can feel like cheat codes in your life, as you can see.

And I’m not the only one that thinks like this. Oprah and Joe Rogan as well as Oprah and Kobe Bryant all praise daily meditation for its benefits. Even Ray Dalio, the founder of the world’s largest hedge fund, says that meditation is the single biggest thing he can trace back to his success.

Although daily meditation requires a modest investment of time, the return on your efforts is tremendous. Emily Fletcher says that it is worth investing 2 percent each day in meditation to make a difference for the remaining 98 percent.

I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t start my day or leave the house before a meditation session. It’s become a daily habit like brushing my teeth or taking a shower. I find the benefits of it enhance my everyday life and allow me to enjoy even difficult moments.

So, if you want to upgrade your success and health in life – integrating a morning meditation could be the answer you are seeking.

Addicted 2 Success first published the post What Happened when I Meditated Every Day for 2 Years.

Addicted 2 Success’s post “What Happened when I meditated every morning for 2 years” appeared first on Addicted 2 Success.

Related Posts